Alaris Antennas strives to adhere to the 8 conditions or principles of PoPIA (Protection of Personal Information Act 4 of 2013) when processing Personal Information.
- We aim to be accountable for the personal information that we are processing.
- In accordance with the processing limitation principle, we process only the data needed for defined, justified purposes.
- The information is collected for a specific purpose, which is properly defined and for legitimate reasons. It will not be kept for longer than is necessary.
- In compliance with the further processing limitation, information is only processed for the initial purpose. We will interact with the data subjects (people to whom the data belongs) when we need to further process any data.
- As information quality is important, we strive to keep information collected up-to-date, complete and accurate.
- In compliance with the openness principle, we have an Employee privacy Notice, signed by all Employees, and our PAIA and POPIA Manual which is accessible to all.
- We are continuously improving security safeguards and processes to ensure that information is not leaked (breach of confidentiality) or deleted/modified (breach of integrity). This includes firewalls, antivirus tools, strong passwords, safes, locked store store-rooms and cabinets, access control and more.
- Data subject participation refers to people having access to their information, as well as being allowed to correct their information. People are informed of what information we have of theirs, what we are doing with it, and who we may share it with.